cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box faulty or just really a bad device?

stammie
Tuning in

I received a new Stream device on Thursday (May 5th), since then I have had to login to all my apps (Netflix, Disney, Iplayer etc) after every time it goes into standby or is rebooted, does anyone know if this is normal behaviour from a badly designed device or if my one is faulty?

After speaking to 4 different CS reps during a phonecall that lasted over an hour I cannot get anyone to replace this new device and have been told an area fault is causing this issue which doesn't seem credible to me.

Its already a week since I placed the order for this so am I correct in thinking I only have another 7 days to cancel this new contract and get a refund of the £35 activation fee?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BlueLou try as I might I cannot get anyone at Virgin to agree that this is a fault and swap out the box!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

pepster
On our wavelength

I have the Stream box and that definitely does not happen to mine.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
ive never heard that happen before, and I cant think of why it would happen other than an issue in the onboard memory on the Stream box. you would need to raise this with faults and get a swap.

I can assure you it's not by design!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stammie 

Sorry to read of your issues with Stream.

It may be correct that their is an area fault affecting TV services, and if so the VM systems would normally cancel any tech appointments made.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@BlueLou try as I might I cannot get anyone at Virgin to agree that this is a fault and swap out the box!

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

DM me your details, I’ll sort it 

Hi Stammie, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you've had with your service. 

I am here to assist BlueLou and help you get your box swapped. 

I will private message you to confirm your details and advise further. 

^Martin

A word of warning to anyone foolish enough into being tempted into ordering one of these,

after receiving a text message from VM that an appointment for an engineers visit had been made and threatening a £25 fee if I wasn't at home for it (no-one bothered to check with me before the appointment was made and I shall be on a hospital visit then) I have had to spend even more time on the phone to VM's customer services,

this has resulted in me managing to cancel this appointment but being told after trying to exercise my right to a 14 day cooling off period and returning my Stream device that I will be entered into a new 18 month contract!

In fact the only way I wont be entered into a new contract is to cancel all of my VM services (broadband and home phone) too!!

It absolutely beggars belief that this company thinks it can sell a faulty product then during the 14 day cooling off period force someone into a new potentially very expensive 18 month contract when they try to reject the faulty service!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm still being told I must enter into a new contract for a new bundle if I wish to reject this device/service and get my £35 activation fee refunded and have spent another hour on the phone only to get disconnected when the agent was "transferring" me after I said this is unacceptable.

I guess the way this is going I am going to be forced into an official complaint to ofcom, VM are blatantly breaking the law now!