cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box

briancharlton
Tuning in

Hi,

Was told today that I'm unable to have a stream box as I already have a Tivo unit. Apparently it is for Broadband only customers.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Why restrict the service. I asked as 5G is taking freeview bandwidth.

Will probably go for freesat.

B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. The Stream product is only for Broadband only and Broadband and phone customers. It is also limited to a single box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

briancharlton
Tuning in

Sorry should have said it is for a 2nd room.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. The Stream product is only for Broadband only and Broadband and phone customers. It is also limited to a single box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Please tell me why the usage of this box is restricted to broadband only customers.

In the process of talking to Ofcom. This unfairly restricts client services.

B

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It really doesn’t matter what the reason is. There is no issue for Ofcom here.

Appreciate you comments.

Forgive me for saying again...Why!!! is this service unavailable to those that have a Tivo box.

Any ideas for a streaming box with no monthly fee?

It seems everything nowadays has a monthly fee. Most people just need to cut costs.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there briancharlton,

Welcome back to the community.

So regarding the Stream, you can't coincide a set top with it. 

The monthly fee would be apart of your package with your desired streaming channels.

Thanks,

Kain

chrisp62
On our wavelength

I Cancelled Virgin tv about 2 weeks ago (30 day notice) still have broadband landline mobile. etc no one mentioned stream at all during the cancellation process, only just found out about it  today from a pop up, 

Had some feedback from Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) via Ofcom.

Will let you know how it works out.

B

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Really?

How did you manage to go to ADR, in Virgin Media’s case CISAS, without complaining directly to Virgin Media first, allowing them to respond?