cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box won't work as it's saying I am not at home.

melsby1
Tuning in

Stream Box  won't function as it throws an error saying I am not at home. It sits in the same spot it always has.  It is connected by ethernet cable to the same network it always has been. No changes have been made by me to the virgin hub ( in modem mode) or my router.   

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? A simple reboot had no effect.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @melsby1 

What happens if you connect directly through your VM hub and not a third party router/

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sadly made no difference. Have been promoted a couple of times for pin number but any action including reseting the box generate the "you are not at home error".

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
have you taken the Hub out of modem mode? Please try that, then reboot both and see if it works. This would be temporary change to try to troubleshoot the issue.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @melsby1

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear that your having issues with you stream box at this time. I can see on our system that you have already been in touch with our team and have a plan of action to resolve this for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley