cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box - Cannot Upgrade to BT Sports

dazzhan
Tuning in

Unfortunately VM CS have been no help. According to another form post my stream box fault is an account set up issue? Anyway to get hold of the correct team or person to resolve. Already been to VM technical level 2 who said they could not help? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is the exact same issue that I (and many other customers) encountered.  I had the same experience where I eventually got through to level 2 technical support and they couldn't resolve the issue.  After over ten phone calls and submitting a complaint, the issue was resolved.  I do not know the exact details but it was an issue with the set-up of the account.

I would like Virgin Media to publish on this forum what the fix was, so that other customers can benefit from this.  This would save other customers from having to make multiple phone calls to Virgin Media, speak to staff who are not familiar with Stream and also wasting time re-setting the box, technician visits etc., none of which solve the problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dazzhan 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Can you please expand on the issue you are facing so I can assist further?

Any error message?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry about my garbled earlier post...

I have been informed by the level two technical team there is a fault with my stream box which prevents me from upgrading my subscription to include BT Sports and they are unable to correct. I am able to open upgrade, then apps, after which an error message is received which begins Oops...

Customer services have told me in response to the above: they cannot upgrade and I must do it at my end even though there is a technical fault and / or to contact BT to get the service?

Having no where to go, I have had to submit a complaint which promised to resolve this matter by directing it to the level two technical team. Unfortunately, this did not resolve as explained above.

My order to VM included for the BT Sports subscription but this part of the contract has never been honoured.

Can you help?

Thanks for coming back to us @dazzhan.

Have you attempted the upgrade on your end, or directly with BT as advised by our team at all?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have tried my self on many occasions either via the stream box (apps, upgrade, error message) or online via myVM account where the instruction received is to use live chat to contact VM. Having been in touch with VM on dozens of occasions to upgrade I have then been advised: I cannot get BT sports via my stream box, they cannot upgrade as there is a technical issue at their end, to contact BT in order to upgrade via them or they hang up.

Level two VM technical support have tried to refresh / upgrade / reset the stream box online while I have been on the phone. This took over an hour and ended up telling me they could not resolve this fault.

As you can see I am getting nowhere with this matter even though the provision of this service was part of my original order and I bought the stream box in order to receive BT Sports.

Any assistance you can offer will be very much appreciated as to date VM have been extremely disappointing in terms of customer support.

This is the exact same issue that I (and many other customers) encountered.  I had the same experience where I eventually got through to level 2 technical support and they couldn't resolve the issue.  After over ten phone calls and submitting a complaint, the issue was resolved.  I do not know the exact details but it was an issue with the set-up of the account.

I would like Virgin Media to publish on this forum what the fix was, so that other customers can benefit from this.  This would save other customers from having to make multiple phone calls to Virgin Media, speak to staff who are not familiar with Stream and also wasting time re-setting the box, technician visits etc., none of which solve the problem.

My agreement with VM commenced in late December 2022. How long did it take for you to eventually get your issue resolved? I have now got a number of complaints in play but am still not hopeful.

Many thanks for your response. It gives me some hope the matter will be remedied.

It took about 8 weeks from receiving the Stream box to finally getting the subscription services working. This involved at least ten phone calls and an unnecessary technician visit.

In terms of the complaint, unfortunately you have to keep chasing. For my first complaint, made over the phone, I was given a reference number. When I tried to follow up on that, they could find no record of my complaint and said it wasn’t a valid complaint reference number.

When the issue was finally resolved, I received an email which stated my Stream account was now ready. The functionality to add subscriptions was then available both via my online account and via the stream box. It’s definitely an issue with how the account has been setup.

As part of my complaint, Virgin Media said that would take on board my feedback and provide training to staff on the Stream services. I was doubtful this would actually happen and clearly it hasn’t. I remember one customer advisor telling me that it was not part of the Stream box to be able to add subscriptions to Sky sports and BT sports. I even pointed him to the wording on the Virgin Media website and he still insisted that adding streaming services was not what Stream was about!

Thank you.

Your past efforts and successful outcome have pin pointed the problem for me. I will make a further attempt to see if this issue with my account cannot be resolved.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my enquiry. Very good of you.