cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box remote won't pair

Dracven
Tuning in

Hi, we've had our stream box for a week and I've just got round to seeing it up. Unfortunately once the main screen comes up the remote flashes for a while with a white light, then flashes red and won't do anything at all. 

Tried the suggestions for re-pairing and it just continues to do the same. Have now given up.

Does anyone have any ideas before I contact virgin to return it?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dracven 

have yuo tried rebooting teh Stream box?

Also try factory resetting the remote.

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ah, I did not know how to reset the remote. I will try that this weekend.

Thank you. 

Thanks, unfortunately it hasn't worked. I tried taking the batteries out and doing the reset but it just flashes for a few mins then flashes red. I suspect its the box that's at fault as I can't get the app on my phone to connect to it either. 

Thanks for the suggestions though. 

Hi @Dracven

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear the Stream box isn't working.

I'll send you a PM now to get a tech visit out.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

HI I am having this issue that my remote doesnt work  with the stream box or TV. I have replaced a new remote but the probelm still persist.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @faisalleam 

There's a slightly different method now for pairing the remote. 

Please try the following.

Unpairing:
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the 'Rewind' button together for 10 seconds.
•    The remote control should now have unpaired from the box.

Pairing:
•    Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.
•    A message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali