cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD - Stream box

tinribzzz
Joining in

Hi, I’ve tried customer service, but they have no idea. Does anyone know if the UHD for Sky Sports is available on the Stream Box.

Secondly, does anyone know when the current stream box sky sports £18 a month package will expire. My sky sports elsewhere expires in August, so keen to jump on this deal before it ends.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tinribzzz 

I'm sorry to say that the Sky Sports UHD channels are only available on the 360 box, and the older V6 box. Sadly it's the same with the BT Sports Ultimate channel as well.

The only UHD content available on the Stream box is via the streaming apps such as BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube.

I'm afraid I can't answer the pricing question, although I would expect the cost to go up shortly as Sky themeselves have increased the cost to £34.99 a month on it's own Now TV service.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

MarcosG260492
Dialled in

The current deals on stream

£18.75 - Sky Sports 

£10 - Sky Cinema 

£10 BT Sports 

all expire on 31st March and last for 18 months. Regards 

@newapollo both BT Sport Ultimate and the Virgin Ultra HD channel are available on Stream (with the relevant subscription). 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for setting me right on that @andyland  and for updating the thread with the correct info.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

isn’t Virgin TV Ultra HD available on the stream box?