cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports News not in Sky Sports Pack?

Mattc86
Dialled in

Why is Sky Sports News not part of the Sky Sports package rather it is part of the entertainment package

It seems unfair people that just want sky sports have to subscribe an extra £12 who want the news channel as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's why Sky package it that way 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's why Sky package it that way 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mattc86 wrote:

Why is Sky Sports News not part of the Sky Sports package rather it is part of the entertainment package

It seems unfair people that just want sky sports have to subscribe an extra £12 who want the news channel as well?

Sky has packaged Sky Sports News & Sky Sports Mix in within it’s Sky Basics wholesale group. The idea is that these can be offered outside the premium pack as a “tempter” to get people to subscribe to the premium pack. This applies to Sky’s own customers as well as to wholesale, so there is not a lot VM can do to change it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993