cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series on Netflix

philipbrown
Tuning in

Hi

Ive got Netflix through virginmedia , but for some reason there is certain shows that wont show up . Breaking bad , Better call Saul and Lucifer to name a few . I can get the shows on my phone if i use my data but when i try to use the wifi there gone . And i get a message saying it looks like im using an unblocker or proxy . Ive phoned virginmedia 4 times today and no one has helped yet , 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey philipbrown, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you cannot access certain shows on Netflix.

Okay, these shows aren't available on the USA version of Netflix as they are AMC exclusive. So every Netflix around the world has a different categories of content for the viewers. 

So the UK Netflix would have different content than the German or the Spain version for example.

This is caused by a VPN, this sounds like you are using a different VPN, like this proxy serve you mentioned. When you are using this VPN / Proxy it is blocking you from accessing these shows. 

The only way to stop this would be for you to stop using this proxy / VPN you are using I am afraid. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey philipbrown, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you cannot access certain shows on Netflix.

Okay, these shows aren't available on the USA version of Netflix as they are AMC exclusive. So every Netflix around the world has a different categories of content for the viewers. 

So the UK Netflix would have different content than the German or the Spain version for example.

This is caused by a VPN, this sounds like you are using a different VPN, like this proxy serve you mentioned. When you are using this VPN / Proxy it is blocking you from accessing these shows. 

The only way to stop this would be for you to stop using this proxy / VPN you are using I am afraid. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your reply , I dont use a vpn with my netflix , it had corrected itself yesterday but for some reason its back to the same thing ( certain series missing ) i can get them on my phone using my network data but as soon as i use the wifi theyve gone again . 

Philip

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reaching back out, does the same happen when watching Via all devices and our TV Box when connected to WIFI?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul 

It did do the same on all devices while using wifi , and as soon as i used my mobile data the problem was solved . In saying that , the problem has resolved itself in the last couple of days , i dont know how as i hadnt done anything . 

Thank you to anyone who tried to help

Philip

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @philipbrown,

Thanks for your response, and update. I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved. It may have been a case that the IP Address associated with your equipment was once in a different region, which our team has since updated to be accurate.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ