cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing Broadband Contract with Stream Attached

EvanD
On our wavelength

Just a heads up.

I have broadband only and was part of the Stream trial. Hence the Stream box was attached to my contract.

My contract is up next month. When I rang yesterday to renew at a similar price to what I was already paying, I was told there were NO discounts available if I had Stream on my account.

I've had to cancel my Stream box (and send it back) in order to get similar discounts to what I had on my last contract.

Keeping Stream would have cost me around £20 extra per month (I rarely use it anyway).

Might be worth taking into account if your contract is up soon.

6 REPLIES 6

Woody39
On our wavelength

I was in exactly the same situation as you, but didn't have to send the box back. Just had to get the box re-activated once the new deal was in place.

See my thread from last week - Stream-free-channels 

EvanD
On our wavelength

I'll probably try that.... assuming they don't try to sweeten me to keep the box pro-actively ("why are you cancelling the box? Can we do something to keep you?")

It'll have to be free though. I rarely use it as it is. Nice to have, but not anything I'll miss in a hurry.

Hi @EvanD thanks a lot for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Unfortunately, now the Stream trial is over, as you were advised there's no discounts currently applicable to this type of package - this may change in the future though so don't hesitate to get in touch with us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 if you need to discuss your package or price in the future!

Many thanks

Tom_W

EvanD
On our wavelength

Oh I got a discount (it was either a discount or moving my broadband to another provider).

To get that discount, I had to remove completely the Stream service. If I kept it, I had to pay full price for broadband (effectively meaning Stream came at a significant cost).

Hi,

How did you manage to get the stream box reactivated as I am in exactly same situation after the trial and renewing broadband.

I have spoken to 2 customer service agents who said there was no way to reactivate a old stream box and wanted to pay £35 for a new one which is frustrating as it's literally sat all plugged in.

Kind regards

Michael 

I didn’t. 
I’m waiting for them to send me the packaging to send the box back. 
They haven’t even tried to send me an offer to keep it.