cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VM IPTV stick - available tomorrow

oxfordmark
Superfast

Would love to try one out, what's to stop current customers buying one then giving it to a non VM customer?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oxfordmark wrote:

Would love to try one out, what's to stop current customers buying one then giving it to a non VM customer?

@oxfordmark 

Hey, I like your thinking, however my understanding is that it won't work unless you have broadband from VM.

Also the box serial would be linked to your account and home address/postcode 

It's given me an idea though 😋

One of my sisters lives next door to me (same postcode) and she has a broadband only package with VM,  I might encourage her to apply for the Stream box and test it out for her. I can't apply as I have broadband, TV, phone and mobile with VM.

You can't buy the box, it's a one off £35 activation fee, but no doubt VM will want the box returning should you leave.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Is Sky Sports accessed via the Sky Sports app or a channel like the main boxes are?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @oxfordmark 

Sky Sports, BT Sports, and Sky Movies aren't listed as apps so they will be accessed as channels, however you'll still have access to the Sky Sports app and TV Go app.

Screenshot below.

Stream channels and add on costsStream channels and add on costs

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali