cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports App with Stream subscription

bobybobp
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the sky sports app with the stream box subscription. Everything works correctly on my stream box and TV (I have bt sports and sky sports).

But on the virgin tv go app on my PC only the BT sports works. 

When trying to use the Sky sports channels it asks me to log in on their website and download their sky sports app, which I have done (using my virgin media login). When the sky sports app launches it states that I need a relevant subscript to watch this program, error code OVP_00005.

I've also noticed when I go to manage my sky devices within the virgin tv go app there are no devices available and I seem to have no way to add new devices.

bobybobp_0-1662650379598.png

38 REPLIES 38

Thanks. I do have the Virgin Go app (which redirects to Sky Sports App) and am logging in with Virgin credentials.

Is there a particular way to contact the forum team or do they just respond to these posts?

Rayek22
On our wavelength

Hi They usually reply to your post if you need specific help . I would suggest you ask for one of the forum team to contact you

Thanks for your help Rayek22!

Hopefully one of the forum team will contact me to resolve (please).

Dear Forum Team,

Hope you can look into this for me. Just to recap again ...

I activated Stream and added Sky Sports a few days ago. All working fine on Stream/TV and I can see the package added to My Stream Plan. I was redirected from the Virgin GO app to Sky Sports app and logged in with my Virgin credentials on iPhone and iPad.  For live channels, I see a padlock and the following error message:

"Could not play channel Your subscription doesn't allow you to watch this programme. Please contact your provider"

I have checked location services and tried re-installing the app. I also get a similar message on Sky Sports on a web browser (Safari/Mac OS)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Raja

Rayek22
On our wavelength

Might be an idea to start a new thread in bold lettering if they haven’t got back to you soon

Hi @Raja_R, thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi. I eventually had some message dialogue with the forum team and miraculously this was resolved within a few days. Hopefully same for you. 

I am having the same issue when i try to access Sky Sports App from MAC OS. The error message attached. I also attached the screenshot of my valid subscription. It is working on TV, Mobile App but not working in MAC OS Sky sports App. Please resolve this.Error messageError messageActive SubscriptionActive Subscription

Hi prajendr,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. How strange.

Thanks for your screenshots. Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on your Mac device?

Where abouts are you receiving this error, when you choose a channel to watch live? If so, is it all channels that you receive this error?

Beth