cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports App with Stream subscription

bobybobp
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the sky sports app with the stream box subscription. Everything works correctly on my stream box and TV (I have bt sports and sky sports).

But on the virgin tv go app on my PC only the BT sports works. 

When trying to use the Sky sports channels it asks me to log in on their website and download their sky sports app, which I have done (using my virgin media login). When the sky sports app launches it states that I need a relevant subscript to watch this program, error code OVP_00005.

I've also noticed when I go to manage my sky devices within the virgin tv go app there are no devices available and I seem to have no way to add new devices.

bobybobp_0-1662650379598.png

38 REPLIES 38

Complain at Advertisting Standards Authority and Trading Standards (Reading as that is where VM are based).

It clearly says in the pre-sales enjoy Sky Sports like its no problem in the app.

A month later and you can't. They haven't indicated when it will be sorted. It's appalling and the usual go quiet unless 100's get up and complain.

All of this should have been sorted before launch. That's what trials are for. It says Sky Sports without labelling any one specific channel so the assumption would be correct that it is any channel in the subscription with "Sky Sports" in it, not just say "Sky Sports News" in the Entertainment subscription.

Rayek22
On our wavelength

48 hours come and gone. To much to hope for

Yeah I knew it. I was unable to ring them today due to work but on Monday I’m back on the warpath 🤬🤬

I have now put in a complaint for the second time as the original complaint doesn’t seem to have gone through as I can’t track it.
I’m not sure this second complaint has been registered although it says it had, because the complaint reference was **** and there’s nothing in the complaints dashboard

Rayek22
On our wavelength

Good Morning

Tried Sky sports on my iPad and android phone this morning and I’ve got live sports except Mix and News but there on the entertainment package

I did however reinstalled the sports app on the phone as initially I wasn’t letting me watch live.

So thanks to the team and all who have helped 

Hope the other members have it working, let us know

Ray

Yes, mine is working too!

Thank you for your perseverance in getting this sorted Rayek and to the virgin team also.

All the best,

Sam

Yeah all works happy days 😎

Hey bobybobp, thank you for reaching out with an update and I'm glad this has now been resolved.

Please do reach out if you need anything in the near future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi. I seem to have a similar problem. I activated Stream 2 days ago and added Sky Sports yesterday. All working fine on Stream/TV and I can see the package added to My Stream Plan. Yesterday I logged into the Sky Sports app on iPhone and iPad but still see a padlock on live channels and an error message:

"Could not play channel Your subscription doesn't allow you to watch this programme. Please contact your provider"

I have checked location services and tried re-installing the app. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rayek22
On our wavelength

I thought this had been sorted as a few of us had this problem. Never really found out why it didn't work as it suddenly just worked with all the original settings. Try to contact forum team as they can try to help. Phone support is a waist of time as they don't seem to understand the problem

Just make sure you have the Virgin GO app as well as the Sky Sports App and make sure you login with your Virgin credentials.