cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price difference - email vs tv

CalebL98
Joining in

I have recently got a 18 month Broadband contract and with that I wanted to add sky sports as it gave me a £20 a month discount. On the tv when I set it up it showed the price for adding sky sports would be £18.75 however on my email it says £38.75. Can someone please explain why I was shown one price yet the email says a much higher amount. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CalebL98 👋

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post.

I am sorry for any confusion on this, did it advise any install or activation fee as you would need a box if you just have broadband, did it advise if this would be the price after the discount runs out?

Zoie

Hi Zoe,

Yes I got sent a pre-contract with the Sky Sports added onto the Virgin Media wifi package I got with the monthly price being £49.25 for 18 months, I received the stream box when I got the Wifi broadband sent to me. I also contacted Virigin Media Support who promised me the price would stay at what I was quoted. The pre-contracted noted there would be a start up charge of £15.

M250 - £30.50 a month

Sky Sports - £18.75 a month

The cost from month 19 (noted on the pre-contract) was £88.75 a month

Hi @CalebL98 

If you log in to your online account - virg.in/myVM - what is the overall price showing please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill