cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not all Freeview channels on Stream box - how do I get them?

Daveyboy4
Tuning in

Hi there. I am on the M125 Broadband package with BT Sport. I have a Stream box which I think is to get BT Sport.

However, I don't get two of my favourite Freeview channels via the Stream Box - PBS America and Talking Pictures.

I can switch to my TV to get these but it's a right fiddle and involves another remote. 

What is the cheapest and best way to get all the Freeview channels via the Virgin menu?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only way to get them on Virgin is to subscribe to their broadcast TV services via a V360 box connected to the coaxial cable. You cannot have V360 & Stream on the same account, so it’s either one or the other.

Freeview is a broadcast TV platform, the same as Sky satellite service & Virgins V360/V6 TiVO service.

If channels are not on Stream or any other service (PBS America & TPTV are not available on Sky Stream either) it is the channel owners decision & is usually related to carriage costs or broadcast rights. Nothing to do with Sky, Virgin or any other TV provider.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Daveyboy4,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

As @nodrogd has advised, if you wanted a TV service where we provide those channels then you would need to change from Stream to one of our other TV bundles. You can find our channel guide for those other TV bundles here.

Let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!