cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal on tv

scottwise76
Tuning in
Spoiler

I recently switched to a virgin stream box and been happy with it but whenever I switch it off next time I use it my tv is not picking up the signal from it. The only way to get it back is to unplug the hdmi lead and put it back in and it is okay again until the next time. I've tried different hdmi ports on the tv and using a different hdmi cable, adjusted the settings to make it quick start on the stream box but nothing has worked. Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @scottwise76 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about this

This does sound strange, have you tried a full factory reboot of the box to see if the issue continues? Does this occur every time or only sometimes?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I've did a full factory reset on the box, unfortunately it didn't make any difference. The no signal problem occurs every time the box has been switched off for a short amount of time. If you switch it off and on straight away it's okay.

Hi scottwise76,

Thank you for getting back to us. How very strange.

Can you please let us know what power settings you have currently set on your stream box? 

To view these settings, go to Settings > System > standby power comsumption

And also, can you tell us if 'One power' is set to off?

Thanks

Beth

Hi, so currently the standby power consumption is on fast start to see if that would help, change the standby timer to 24 hours and switched off the one power to off. Trying to see if changing these would help the issue.

Unfortunately still not detecting the signal without disconnecting the hdmi and plugging it back in, thanks.

Thanks for the update @scottwise76 on the forums. 👋🏼

May I ask if this issue occurs on a different power outlet in the premesis?
Are you able to try a different room to or plug to see if the issue continues there?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes it doesn't seem to make any difference where it is plugged into. 

We have now just been leaving the box on 24 hour standby mode and not turning it off. Not ideal but seems to be the only solution at the moment.

Really not ideal but stops us having to unplug and put back in the hdmi cable. 

Thanks for coming back to us @scottwise76.

Are you ever issued with any Error Messages or Codes when this fault occurs when you switch the Stream Box back on?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, never had any errors or messages displayed. It does seem that not putting it into standby is the only working solution at the moment for whatever reason. 

When it's left on there is no problem with the tv detecting the signal from the stream box. 

Thanks Scott 

Thank you for letting us know this, when it does finally detect the signal does everything run okay?

Also I would look at pulling the cables out and putting them back in. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?