cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No UHD?

johndm
Superfast

Not seeing any channels available in 4k UHD with HDR or Dolby Vision apart from BT Sports ?

Sky still ahead in the game then......so far

2 REPLIES 2

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Sky doesnt have any UHD channels, all their UHD content is on demand. 

Stream has two uhd channels that Sky doesn’t have (BT sport ultimate and Virgin TV UHD) but doesn’t yet have the on demand Sky content. It doesn’t yet have Dolby vision  

in addition previously the BBC iPlayer UHD content was available on Virgin TV but not Sky; very important during the big football tournaments! 

I stand corrected 👍

I believe streaming is the future, and can’t see how Sky can compete with a satellite delivered service for much longer. The cost of transponder rentals and upload stations must be enormous?

The Stream box looks to be good value, but I already have SkyQ, Amazon Fire, and Apple TVHD, so what would the Stream offer me?

I expect Sky will soon offer a streaming service without having to buy that awful Sky Glass TV to get it.

For me to change, 4k content is the main consideration, along with Dolby Atmos (full bitrate stream please not just DD+)

So can you tempt me away from Sky? You already did a slightly better deal on 1 gig over BT 900, so will be interested in how the service builds