cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Stream Box cannot be woken from standby - black screen

knoll
Joining in

We had a stream box delivered last week. I noticed on day one a few times at random it would fall asleep and present an empty black screen.

The only way to wake it up was to pull the plug on it and restore power after 20:seconds or so.

It happened again yesterday but this time my wife mentioned it had said something about going into standby and requesting an ok to continue watching, which the box ignored.

As a work around I've set it to 24 hours standby mode in the hope it will never get there and set the startup time to 'fast'.

Looks to me like there's a problem with auto standby entry and recovery. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @knoll 

Have you also checked the standby timer settings on your TV?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey knoll, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and to Virgin Media O2, I am sorry to hear you are having an issues with standby mode.

As advised above did you check to see if this is your TV going into standby?

I can also see you've spoke to the team about this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I can see HDMI1 on the black tv screen and a green power led. It is red when in standby

i set the standby time to max in stream settings. That fixed for a while.

But today I notice after using the app on iPad yesterday evening, the problem has returned.

Hi @knoll,

Does rebooting the box help?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs