cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Price - Stream Subscription

JElliott44
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have signed up to Sky Sports HD and BT Sport through virgin stream, which showed that the price would be £18.75 a month for Sky Sports and £10 a month for BT Sport.

This was being honoured until I got my bill through yesterday, which now says I am being charged the full price of £38.75 for Sky Sports and £18 for BT Sport, with the only credit received being the 10% rebate which I shouldn’t be receiving as you don’t get this with the offer. Considering this is meant to be an 18 month offer, I’m not sure why I am being charged full price when I have only been signed up for a maximum of around 3/4 months.

I have tried to speak to 3 different agents today. 1st one told me the charge was for a full year (?!), 2nd one said that the offer expired (which is incorrect as I’ve been signed up for a maximum of around 3/4 months) and 3rd agent hung up and never called back, so this is my last resort for any help with this issue.

I have attached a screenshot of the Virgin website with link that shows the offer price I should be receiving, along with a screenshot of my own stream account management page which clearly shows I have the discount, which is not being applied to my bill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

959EFA86-8A7B-44C0-8449-314CCECCA6AF.png

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream

46382C2B-234F-4C60-A7D5-B5766263C2C4.png

7 REPLIES 7

MarcosG260492
Dialled in

How have you been charged the full price? It says at the top £28.75. That’s £18.75 for Sky sports and £10 for BT sports 

 Yes that’s the price I should be charged, however my bill says differently. 

6E1352BA-3696-44B0-90B8-FA4FF3D1E9ED.png

You’re right the same has happened to me. I have just checked. The whole thing is a mess. I am ditching virgin stream for Sky stream. I can’t take the hassle any more 

Hopefully this is some sort of error and is resolved quickly if it’s also happened to you, we’ve signed up for the deal which stated that the price would be set for 18 months, so that’s the price we should be getting for that length of time.

It’s not really acceptable that I’ve spoken to 3 customer agents and a WhatsApp chat and nobody can give me a correct answer, I just hope somebody can help because the last thing I want to do would be to put in a complaint, I’ve already gone through more hassle than I should as a customer.

@JElliott44 wrote:

Hopefully this is some sort of error and is resolved quickly if it’s also happened to you, we’ve signed up for the deal which stated that the price would be set for 18 months, so that’s the price we should be getting for that length of time.

It’s not really acceptable that I’ve spoken to 3 customer agents and a WhatsApp chat and nobody can give me a correct answer, I just hope somebody can help because the last thing I want to do would be to put in a complaint, I’ve already gone through more hassle than I should as a customer.

Unfortunately, I've reported this and other customers weeks/months ago and still nothing done. Screen shots posted, emails posted and nothig.

Happened this week to me. Added Essential Entertainment at £8 /month. Emails and my Virgin Media say completely different figures. Hopefully the bill will still be correct when processed.

I did notice that when I first subscribed, the email that came through was showing as the full price, however on my account it showed as discounted and in my previous bill the discount was applied. The latest bill however the discount has not applied. Not sure why it’s such a difficult thing for the support agents on the phone to grasp, doesn’t seem like they’ve had the training about Virgin stream 😬

Hey JElliott44,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L