cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing BB only customer - how to get Stream?

LJ1982
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm a Broadband only customer (m200), would like get the new stream box but can't find any option for existing customers to get one. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi BlueLou - The difference between the two amounts is £70. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

pepster
On our wavelength

I've just called up retentions as I am also a BB only customer, they know nothing about it and the website other than the PDF.

The guy on the end of the line wanted to put me through to TV faults, at that point I hung up... I shouldn't be surprised by this another poor product launch from Virgin Media.

I actually am interested in ordering this, but there is nothing in myvirginmedia or anywhere to suggest how I can order it.

A JOKE!

It just seems the usual lackadaisical approach by Virgin Media.

For a communications company they ain't very good at communicating these things.

Knowing them by adding it to your existing service you will be inadvertently extending your contract. 

I went on the web chat and they sorted it, arrives Saturday.

I'm currently trying via webchat. They said I have to pay a £70 activation fee via webchat, however if I want to only pay the (advertised!) £35 activation fee then I need to do it in the app or via the website. I've asked him how I do that because I can't find it anywhere.....30 minutes into the chat I'm still waiting as he speaks to people.

LJ1982
Tuning in

I've tried both the website & the app and there is definitely no option to add Stream to an existing account.

I should've known this wouldn't be easy, nothing ever is when it comes to VM.

Managed to get is resolved and ordered via the web chat 🙂

I managed to get it after half an hour on webchat.

Told nothing will change on my contract, and the cost was £35 one off setup added to next bill.

A few hours later a new contract arrives and a rolling discount of £10 a month that still had 8 to go has been removed and the setup charge is £70

Absolutely clueless bunch. Should have just not bothered tbh.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

The activation charge for the box is £35; existing customers shouldn’t have to pay more than that.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@LJ1982 wrote:

I've tried both the website & the app and there is definitely no option to add Stream to an existing account.

I should've known this wouldn't be easy, nothing ever is when it comes to VM.

You have to call in or use webchat for now if you want to add it to existing bb account. If you have TV already it’s not yet possible.