cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential package

Louise3327
Joining in

I have lost the essential package channels from my streaming box. My account states they are activated but they won't work. When I select gor example sky one it says please sign up but I already am.

8 REPLIES 8

Louise3327
Joining in

I am subscribed to the essentials channels package but none of the channels are available to watch. I have rebooted etc but still no channels

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which specific channels are you having issues with? And what's the error code you get on-screen when selecting these channels?

Have they worked in the past, or have you made a recent change to your package/services?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They worked this morning but have now stopped. I click on them and it says I need to upgrade my package but its already upgrades and states that on the virgin app.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Louise3327 wrote:

I have lost the essential package channels from my streaming box. My account states they are activated but they won't work. When I select gor example sky one it says please sign up but I already am.

Hi @Louise3327 

Sky One was replaced/renamed by Sky with Sky Showcase on 1st September 2021

The following channels are included in the Essential Entertainment TV add on pack:-
Sky Showcase HD, Sky Max HD, Sky Witness HD, Sky Comedy HD, Sky Crime HD, Sky Sci-fi HD, Sky Arts HD, Gold HD, Alibi HD, Dave HD, Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, Sky Replay, E! HD, Virgin TV Ultra HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic HD, Sky History, Sky Documentaries HD, Sky Nature HD, Sky Sports News HD, Sky Sports Mix HD, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Sky News HD

Are any of the above channels working please?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

None of these channels are working. They are all in dark grey on the channel guide. 

20230301_073138.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_073347_Chrome.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Louise3327 

It looks like VM need to resend the codes to the system to allow you to access the channels.

A member of the forum team may be able to help when this pick this up in a day or two, however it will probably need passing to second level support.

You could call and speak to faults or regrades, 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy. If you do contact faults then ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have exactly the same problem. Paid for the essential package, shows as live on the upgrade apps section, but all the channels are greyed out and I have no access. 

Virgin really need to sort this out, it’s affecting so many customers, your customer services can’t help. It’s pathetic 

Hi Louise3327,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv channels. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have already spoken with the team regarding this.

Can you please confirm if you still need assistance with this?

^Martin