cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Entertainment price - £8 or £12?

DetMerc
On our wavelength

I've recently added Stream from VM to my package.
Before I got Stream, I looked on this page - https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream headed "Meet Stream from Virgin Media" - and I saw Essential Entertainment for £8 extra a month.
But now, when I am logged in to my VM account, when I go to https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming headed "My Stream Plan" - I now see Essential Entertainment for £12 a month.

Does anyone know why there are two different prices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MarcosG260492
Dialled in

Entertainment Essential is priced at a promotional price of £8 if taken prior to the 31st March. The price is valid for 18 months. 

BT Sport is £10*

Sky Cinema is £10*

Sky Sports is £18.75*

* all prices above are on offer until 31st March. 30 day contact applies. Price valid for 18 months. 

hope this helps 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

MarcosG260492
Dialled in

Entertainment Essential is priced at a promotional price of £8 if taken prior to the 31st March. The price is valid for 18 months. 

BT Sport is £10*

Sky Cinema is £10*

Sky Sports is £18.75*

* all prices above are on offer until 31st March. 30 day contact applies. Price valid for 18 months. 

hope this helps 

Hi MarcosG260492,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Do you know how I would take advantage of the current £8/month offer for Entertainment Essential?
As far as I know the way I add a subscription is in the "My Stream plan" page, add click the add button:

DetMerc_1-1677964818383.png

But it looks like that would cost me £12 a month.

Hi phone VM Customer services who will be able to add @ £8 for you. Offer ends 31st March. Have you considered a now tv pass. They were doing entertainment and movies for £9.99 for 6 months, you will then get sky Atlantic and sky sports news too

Thanks for the phoning VM CS suggestion.
And thanks for the Now pass suggestion too.
Currently I'm also a Sky customer, but my 18month deal with Sky ends this June.
I guess I will need to consider options, Stream from VM vs. Sky vs. Now
Good point re Sky Atlantic too.

@DetMerc wrote:

Hi MarcosG260492,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Do you know how I would take advantage of the current £8/month offer for Entertainment Essential?
As far as I know the way I add a subscription is in the "My Stream plan" page, add click the add button:

DetMerc_1-1677964818383.png

But it looks like that would cost me £12 a month.

In the upgrades app where you physically buy, its listed at £8. The emails come in at £12 but no surprise there as weeks/months ago this was brought up and still not bl**** fixed. I have this re-opened on an existing thread. The emails and the My Virgin Media > My package web site part are incorrect.

It did the same thing for Sky Cinema and BT Sport offers before this Entertainment came on offer at £8.

It's a crying disgrace that the company can be so incompetent as it really isn't hard to check and replicate.

Yeah I have given up adding any subscriptions now. I added BT Sport a few months back and was charged several different prices (None of which matched the £10 per month it should’ve been) 

I’ve totally lost faith with it now 

The pricing will be correct. The initial email you receive upon ordering shows the full price and stupidly doesn’t include the discount. Ie £18. When you actually receive your bill is will show the full price and then a discount. Eg BT Sport £18 with a £8 discount and Essential as £12 with a £4 discount. Effectively you need to ignore the initial email 

@MarcosG260492 wrote:

The pricing will be correct. The initial email you receive upon ordering shows the full price and stupidly doesn’t include the discount. Ie £18. When you actually receive your bill is will show the full price and then a discount. Eg BT Sport £18 with a £8 discount and Essential as £12 with a £4 discount. Effectively you need to ignore the initial email 

I thought that would be the case, but on my first bill I was charged just over £11 and then another bill I was charged another random amount. 

I did manage to get the money back as credit, but I decided to cancel as couldn’t be bothered with the constant hassle 

@MarcosG260492 wrote:

It also shows incorrect pricing on the My Package details for Stream in My Virgin Media. Given this was reported with evidence ages ago, VM should have got it's act together and fixed this. It's hassle customer's don't want or expect.