cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Stream Box work with a Mesh WiFi?

JoeyBurns87
Joining in

I've connected my Stream box to an ethernet cable on my network and it's showing an error, advising it can't find my account. I have an Eero WiFi set up at home so my Virgin Hub is set to router mode. 

I'm wondering if this only works in 'vanilla' Hub setup - if so the box may be going back as I'm not switching back from the Eero setup.

Has anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Answered this with the help of Customer Services. Thankfully the issue I was having was unrelated to a mesh WiFi/modem mode. My kit hadn't been activated yet!

I called up Customer Services as I was getting Account Error CS1011 when managing to get connected through ethernet or WiFi. They advised the kit hadn't yet been activated and resolved this. 

Since this was sorted the box connects up as easily as any other device such as a FireStick/AppleTV and is working very well!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

JoeyBurns87
Joining in

*Sorry - it's in Modem mode!

Answered this with the help of Customer Services. Thankfully the issue I was having was unrelated to a mesh WiFi/modem mode. My kit hadn't been activated yet!

I called up Customer Services as I was getting Account Error CS1011 when managing to get connected through ethernet or WiFi. They advised the kit hadn't yet been activated and resolved this. 

Since this was sorted the box connects up as easily as any other device such as a FireStick/AppleTV and is working very well!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi joeyBurns87, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community and apologies for the delay in response. 

I am very happy to hear our team were able to assist in getting this matter resolved and that you are happy with your new equipment :).

Please do get in touch if you have any questions or concerns in the future and our team will be happy to help.

Take care, 

Nat