Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Stream Pack

bombaybud
Tuning in

Hi 

Recently joined VM. 

I added a sky sport pack via stream on the 30 Dec 22 which is on a 30 day rolling deal. This is my first and only stream pack. I have decided to cancelled it today within the 30 days from when I took it. However my stream cancellation shows I am now being charged until the 24th of February and a little tag shows 30 days remaining? This does not look correct as I have not even had 30 days of service yet. Can someone get pack to me on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bombaybud,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're a little confused by the terms and conditions of the Stream pack that you cancelled  

NewApollo's advice is correct, that we still require a 30 day cancellation period before the subscription fully disconnects. 

Your feedback about the terms and conditions will be fed back so that we can look at a simpler way of explaining it. 

Thanks for bringing our attention to it. 

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bombaybud 

The cancellation period is correct, As yuo yourself posted it's a 30 daay rolling deal. That means the 30 day cancellation period starts the minute you give notice to cancel that add on.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming 

As TV packs are on a 30-day rolling contract, once you’ve removed a TV pack you’ll see it as pending removal in Active subscriptions. It’ll have a little clock symbol under it, and let you know how many days are remaining before it’s removed.

Also the following from https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/stream 

Billing
4.1 The Stream service itself is provided at no additional monthly charge, however any entertainment subscriptions you add will be add-ons to the Stream service and shall be provided at additional cost. Each add-on is available as a 30 day rolling contract.

7. Cancellation
7.1 You have 14 days from the date of activation of your Stream service to cancel. If you cancel, activation fees will not be refundable.
7.2 When you subscribe to entertainment content via your Stream device you will waive your right to a 14 day cooling off period as some of the entertainment content will be provided to you immediately. You will still be able to cancel entertainment subscriptions with 30 days’ notice and retain access to the content for that period.
7.3 Outside of the 14 day cooling off period, the Stream service is cancellable at any time with 30 days notice. If you cancel your Stream service, all content subscriptions will also be cancelled.
7.4 Cancelling your Stream service will not have any impact on any other service you receive from Virgin Media.
7.5 You must return your Stream device on request when cancelling your services.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi thanks for your response. 

Most providers when offering rolling 30 day contracts allow you to cancel within the 30 days and still use the service up to the date originally subscribed for.

VM stream packs certainly give that impression and even the advert seems to show this. However discretely on a terms page it actually states that you have give 30 days notice for the subscription to end. 

So if I want to subscribe for a period of only 30 days, on the same day I subscribe I also have to cancel immediately to make sure I only pay for that period.

This is patently unclear and not the impression I got from the advertising and certainly not what I would call a 30 day rolling contract. 

I subscribed on the 30th Dec

I cancelled on the 24th Jan and expect my subscription to continue for 5 more days which i have paid for and I expect my subscription to stop on the 29 Jan. 

Not continue for another 30 days from the 24th Jan when I cancelled.

However the terms are poor and the 30 day notice period is not clear on the front page of the subscription. So the idea you can flit from subscription to subscription is quite misleading. 

Thanks

Bombaybud

Hi Bombaybud,

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry you're a little confused by the terms and conditions of the Stream pack that you cancelled  

NewApollo's advice is correct, that we still require a 30 day cancellation period before the subscription fully disconnects. 

Your feedback about the terms and conditions will be fed back so that we can look at a simpler way of explaining it. 

Thanks for bringing our attention to it. 

Megan_L

Hi 

As customer 

It would be a lot clearer if 30 day rolling stream packs were relabelled 30 Notice Period stream packs 

Thx

Bom

@bombaybud wrote:

Hi 

As customer 

It would be a lot clearer if 30 day rolling stream packs were relabelled 30 Notice Period stream packs 

Thx

Bom

As a stream Subscriber I agree. 30 day notice period is far more accurate.

Hi All! 👋

Thank you for the feedback and for keeping the thread updated. 

This has been raised internally and we are looking into it! Thank you for your support and patience in the meantime. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly

Yes let's see how this considered and what is implemented to make it clearer.

If the stream pack 30 day notice period is to remain it absolutely needs to be crystal clear to a customer that you need to subscribe and cancel your stream pack on the same day of purchase and this should be easy to do also and not require a navigational journey through menus. 

thanks Dave,

why is it so confusing? So difficult to understand? One or Two days notice before expiration is adequate surely. One can't help thinking its a deliberate ploy to cash grab. What a ludicrous idea to require the cancelation the same day of subscription, where in most cases its not even activated immediately.

Vander

30 notice in this instance is not practical, user unfriendly, unfair, and atrocious customer service.