cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add subscriptions

MJ1985
Joining in

Hi I've just got the stream box today. My box has been activated. I've tried adding subscriptions but I won't let me on my account or on the stream box. Seriously considering sending this back. 

81 REPLIES 81

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mark_84

Thank you for letting us know you have been able to get this resolved with our the support of our WhatsApp team. 

Please do get in touch if we can assist with anything in the future.

Take care, 

Nat

badkarma
Tuning in

I've had my streaming box for about 24 hours now and I've still not been able to subscribe to  any of the subscriptions available, If I try to do it from the upgrade app on the box I get the oops technical error message and a qr code, if I try and do it on the my virgin app on my phone I get an error message and if I try and do it on my lap top from my account page it says I don't even have a tv service. I called up VM last night and apparently they're having all kinds of backend IT problems with the stream service and that it could take up to 48 hours before I could upgrade. You would of thought that a new major service that they are  heavily promoting on TV and other media outlets would have had all the problems sorted out before launch.

Hello badkarma. 

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue the loss of channels on your stream box.

Can I please ask if this is still an issue as the errors you have described sounds like the box is faulty.
Id like to take a look into this for you any way
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Just got my stream box working after a 2 and a half hour call I can now not add any subscriptions the Entertainment pack and sky sports everytime I click to add them in the app it just does nothing!

Back on the phone again for the 4th time now with this subscription issue it seems nobody has a clue what the stream box is?

After explaining the entire product and my issue again to second line support they are now asking me to speak to the virgin media store on  (This should be good) 0800 027 0801

Yep as expected nothing to do with them the nice lady on the phone said I dont know why they have given you my number

Anyone on here from VM willing to assist with this issue an already very frustrating issue I do not recommend anyone to switch to this product yet as there is no form of support structure with it!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Mattc86 

It may be that the VM backend systems haven't caught up with the box activation yet.

Are you trying to add the subscriptions via the My Virgin Media app? If so have you tried signing into My Virgin Media at the top of this page instead?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've tried both both fail to add the subscription I get that though it would just be nice to be told this

Also i was hoping to watch the F1 this weekend after switching to this new box but guess that is out the window now with people still reporting this issue after a week