cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get Virgin Tv Stream channels from my brothers subscription?

zipple
Joining in

My brothers house has the full Virgin TV package with BT and Sky sports. I’ve moved out to a new house, can I use a virgin tv stream box using his channels, but in my house?

I spoke to Virgin and they said - the stream box must be used in the house that has the account . That must mean the box would be unable to connect to other wifi hotspots. This seems unlikely.

Essentially, if he gets a virgin tv stream box, can I put this in my house? Can someone check by connecting their box to a mobile hotspot or another connection?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @zipple 

The VM Stream box won't work unless you have a paid VM broadband subscription in the location in your name.

Any channels/apps available on the Stream box are linked to the account address and can't be transferred/shared elsewhere.

You could use the TVGo app and Sky Sports app and sign in with your brothers credentials (if he gives permission) however this will only work on PC's. tablets and mobiles. Also don't forgetr the streaming limits for Sky Sports and TVGO.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zipple,

As newapollo has confirmed the stream box would need to be used within the property the account is registered too. 

To have a stream box you would need to take out a package in your name for your address. 

^Martin