cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering

idunno
Dialled in

Everyday without fail while watching live to through the stream box it ends up buffering and then the picture freezes making it impossible to watch anything for a long period of time.

Have done all the rebooting etc but still no good.

wish I hadn’t asked for it back

9 REPLIES 9

idunno
Dialled in

Buffering buffering again never got to find out how the results at the end of the program because of buffering buffering

What could the problem be? Suggestions accepted no solutions and its going back 

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Is it connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

If you can try ethernet and see if it buffers then. That should allow us to determine if it’s a fault box or, more likely, poor connectivity where it’s placed. 

(There is also a speed test in the diagnostics on the box. Try running that to see what it says. A more precise speed test can be found in the Netflix app where it will give you the speed of the connection to the box)

The hub is to far away was using Wi-Fi through 2 pods to the conservatory and getting speeds of 130mb plus and in the garden 100mb plus using the Netflix app.

I have now plugged a cable from the pod to the mains plug and the settings on the stream box shows an Ethernet connection with a high connection speed even for ultra hd.

Was given a stream box to trial last year but problems existed

Have trialled many items but never any problems

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@idunno wrote:

I have now plugged a cable from the pod to the mains plug and the settings on the stream box shows an Ethernet connection with a high connection speed even for ultra hd.

Thanks. So is it still buffering even with this setup?

Does it buffer on all channels or just some?

So far so good no buffering 

I have 3 pods but only 2 work the one that doesn’t work I trialled but when the trial finished it stopped working have been in touch loads of times to get it replaced but get no where they don’t understand the trialling element can you do anything for me so I can send it back and get a replacement?

Useless box still buffering

Back to sky multi-room offer £6 a month at least you can watch every channel uninterrupted and record.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @idunno,

I am sorry that your third Wi-Fi pod is not working.

I did check our system, I can see two devices are having very low signal. Can you try switching some devices to wired connection? As none are showing on wired connection at the moment, which can cause traffic in your home if you have many devices using or connected to the Wi-Fi at one time.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi 

I have 2 on wired can only get one more that’s tv rest are phones tablets or ring cameras.

so basically these pods aren’t much good if there only showing low signal never had a problem with other brands,had a text from VM to say there in the area and will be picking up some equipment from me phoned nobody knows anything coming to take the lot away

Better off plugging my power lines back in

Thanks for your reply, the way the pods work is they carry the signal from the hub onto each other if you have more than one.

If the pod closest to the hub isn't getting the best signal then this will impact the signals to the other pods and devices they are sending the signal to. I would recommend testing the pods in different places to see what the best set up is.

Let us know how this goes, we can help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules