cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box just sits with orange light on

ViaraiX
Tuning in

Hello, I can’t make stream work at all. The box just sits with the orange light on. Upon power up it briefly flicks off to nothing and then back to orange and does nothing else.

Can confirm power is fine, can confirm the hdmi cable sent works and other devices plugged into hdmi port work. Is the box corrupted and can’t boot?

yes I’ve tried pressing the power button on the front and the remote, and tried to pair the remote. The box just appears dead or stuck.

Any idea?

I assume within at most 3 mins it would just be on. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Folks,

in the end I got through to another VM help desk person who dispatched a new box (which I hoped for at the start), this arrived and worked perfectly, immediately and has been working since.

Clearly the other box has an OS issue or power trouble. Either way that’s being sent out.

Everything has gone pretty smoothly and the problem has been resolved! 💪🏻

Thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ViaraiX 

Have you connected the Stream box to your VM internet? You might have to initially do this with an ethernet cable 

Looking at the pinned forum post regarding the Stream box lights, the amber (orange) light would suggest that it might be stuck in a boot loop (I hope not)

The LED light on my Stream box has changed to a different colour. What does this mean?
Amber = Device is booting
Blue = Device is in standby
White = Device is powered on
Green = Device is connecting to network
Red = Device has lost connection
Pink = Initial set up mode
No light = No power

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, yes, I’ve connected it via Ethernet through my network of switches and such through modem mode. I also reverted the hub back to router mode and tried. Still nothing.

it literally displays no signal at all. I’d expect it to power up without any connection tbh.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ViaraiX,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're currently experiencing with your stream box.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven,

That would be great. Thanks.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @ViaraiX

An appointment has been arranged for this problem, you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Please can you restore the engineer visit. This was cancelled prematurely. The service is still not working. 

Hi Folks,

in the end I got through to another VM help desk person who dispatched a new box (which I hoped for at the start), this arrived and worked perfectly, immediately and has been working since.

Clearly the other box has an OS issue or power trouble. Either way that’s being sent out.

Everything has gone pretty smoothly and the problem has been resolved! 💪🏻

Thanks