cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans to allow existing TV customers to get a Stream?

txom11
Tuning in

Hi

Does anyone know if there are plans to allow existing Virgin TV customers to get a Stream box at some point? I would love to use one for a second TV upstairs. I can't connect the TV to an aerial for Freeview channels and I can't run a coaxial cable to it from our Virgin wall outlet for a Mini box.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stoo_77 wrote:

Apparently it has happened around Europe where the same box has been used as an answer for multiroom over wifi?! and the cost was at 3.99euros P/M extra.  All we can do is wait and see and keep hoping, as a LOT of people would be very interested (Me included) and hopefully at the similar pricepoint!

V360 in the UK/Eire uses HDD recording capabilities. The stream stick cannot, effectively creating two different systems. It’s integration in Europe was much easier as there is a cloud recording agreement with the broadcasters meaning both the Horizon based boxes & the Steam sticks can access all the same customers content, be it recorded or OD.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Later this year Sky's Stream puck will be available as a standalone device (no need for Sky Glass) and it works with any ISP.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

StevieK1971
Tuning in

Virgin must have been aware that loads of existing TV customers (or existing with all services already like me) are looking to extend their existing V360 a bit more for multiroom.

Sky have miniboxes and will have Sky pucks to stream their existing package to more than one TV over Wifi, why have virgin not got this. I've been waiting for this in an additional bedroom and also a garden pod (don't want to have any more cables running along my house). Surely a stream device of some sort should be by now on Virgin's thinking. Your new Stream Box doesn't resolve this.

I'm sure that Virgin customers would be willing to pay for a box and a small extra monthly subsription for such as service.

The Steam box seems to be a separate selling device and does not look to have any plans to hook up with an existing subscription, why is this?

Existing customers might want to over Wiki connect to to the main V360 and work on that basis, but there also could be others, like me, who would just want the same Live TV services (so including the Sky Sport, BT sports etc on another TV).

What about your Virgin Go or Virgin TV application, why is this not available to UK customers and only available in Ireland. Most TV these days are Smart TVs and a TV Go application to watch your existing package would be good.

Customers want more from their subscriptions of well over £100 per month, so Virgin you need to think of existing customers and their more and more streaming/watching needs, as families and viewing evolves.

Can you please give us an idea of future thinking to solve some of these issues?

I need 1 desperately for a ceiling projector but i wont be holding my breath waiting for 1.probably have to wait years..they claim its not just a streaming box,they say its a totally new PROPOSITION…like its some sort of multi billion pound steath fighter theve been designing for years at area 51..i hate firesticks but ill have to use 1..

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..