cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account retrieval error CS1011

sdelance
Tuning in

Have connected my new Stream box to my Virgin broadband (tried via Nest wi-fi and Powerline) but get above error on startup.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon.

14 REPLIES 14

sdelance
Tuning in

I note the post on Account activation, so will try calling them.

I have an engineer turning up Saturday.....

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Simon,

I see you have an engineer due on Saturday, but the error may be that the box hasn't been activated yet.

Sometimes this can fixed by calling 0800 953 9500 to activate the mini box -  Give that a try if you haven't already. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

If the above doesn't work then it's usually due to an account retrieval error because the box box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, and sometimes needs third level support to update the systems, or as in what looks like in your case an engineer to perform a box swap.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. Tried that number with no luck. Hopefully engineer on Saturday will sort it out.

Cheers,

Simon.

Am being told that Stream is not compatible with Hub 5. Engineer swapping out for Hub 3.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Simon,

I'm hoping that the tech has been before I post and that all's working now, however I had a thought since you say you've been told it doesn't work with the hub 5.

In your initial post you say you've tried via Nest wi-fi and Powerline - what does it show if you go into Settings > Network > Diagnostics?

There should be two screens showing the connections and any where any errors occur.

Are you using an ethernet connection, or have you tried wifi?

I don't have a stream box, I have the 360, I also have a hub 5 and to me the Stream should be working with your hub 5.

I do find if I use the 5G signal for the set top box that the connection drops out, but it is solid using the 2.4G connection

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave.

Unfortunately I cannot get into settings on the Stream as it boots and then I get the error.

I set the Stream up using Wi-fi before it cycled into the error. I then tried with Powerline, but just got the same error.

Apparently the 5 has issues with VoIP too i.e. network issues (protocol/filters??). 

Anyway, my situation is also complicated as my Stream account was apparently cancelled on Thursday (it hadn't worked before then) when I renewed my Broadband contract.

I am still waiting for the hub to be switched as they needed to register the hub 3, and then reactivate Stream.

The engineer (Mikey) needs a special shout out as he hung around for an hour whilst accounts tried to establish what exactly was going on.

So fingers crossed as I await a call back from Customer Services (they said  a 2-4 hour wait at 10am) to get the hubs switched on the system, and activate Stream again.

Thanks for the input. I'll post here when I get any further update.

Cheers,

Simon.

Unfortunately even swapping out the Hub 5 for a 3 hasn't fixed it. Exactly the same error.

Although the Stream device is apparently "activated" my account is showing Stream as not activated. And customer services have not been able to alter that, despite their best efforts.

The "fault team" will be in touch with me within next 4 hours.

Hi @sdelance,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Has there been any progress as I understand from your last post, the team were meant to be calling you back?

Let us know so we can offer further support if needed.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs