cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stream box with 360 multiroom

squig007
Tuning in

i am currently on volt ultimate with a 360 main tv box and two multiroom mini boxes. is it possible to add a stream box to another room as i cant order another 360 mini box ?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. The Stream product is only for broadband customers with no other TV product and also limited to a single Stream.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. The Stream product is only for broadband customers with no other TV product and also limited to a single Stream.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

really disappointing , i cant get another mini box and i cant get a stream box . So the family suffer  . 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@squig007 wrote:

really disappointing , i cant get another mini box and i cant get a stream box . So the family suffer  . 

Your family can use the TV Go app on a mobile device if having extra viewing choice is essential.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@squig007 wrote:

In the UK & Eire, the 360 & Stream products have to run on two separate systems. Stream is designed for cloud based recordings & this allows interaction with the 360 Horizon platform. However, the broadcasters here won’t allow cloud based recordings yet so 360 is reliant on a hard disk in the main unit. Hence only the main & mini 360 boxes will work on the hard disk, & cannot interact with Stream as they can in the rest of Europe.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Using an app is no comparison to watching on tv screen

Really suprised Virgin wont allow both 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@squig007 wrote:

Using an app is no comparison to watching on tv screen

Really suprised Virgin wont allow both 

They won’t until the two are compatible & can be merged effectively.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993