cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical stream questions

lame153
Joining in

Hi all, hoping someone in the know can help, as I'm not even going to attempt asking CS...

Live stream quality - are these the same quality / bitrate you'd see on the 360 box channels, or are they the same lower quality streams you'd get on the iplayer / my5 /itv apps?

Do you need to use virgins DNS? I remember when I had the old TiVo box, you needed to use virgins DNS for call home / activation to work

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lame153 wrote:

Hi all, hoping someone in the know can help, as I'm not even going to attempt asking CS...

Live stream quality - are these the same quality / bitrate you'd see on the 360 box channels, or are they the same lower quality streams you'd get on the iplayer / my5 /itv apps?

They should be the same as the origin is still from your local cable headend.

Do you need to use virgins DNS? I remember when I had the old TiVo box, you needed to use virgins DNS for call home / activation to work

Yes again. Just as with V360, Stream uses the headend server based Horizon platform. This is on VMs internal network, so no other external DNS servers will recognise the addresses being used.

Thanks in advance!

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stripealipe
Joining in

The streams are definitely not the best quality when compared to an actual Freeview aerial signal. They are pretty compressed tbh with artifacting. Would love for these to have a slight bump in bitrate to bring them up in quality.