cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream stuck on 1 channel

eb154
On our wavelength

If anyone could tell my why BBC1 on live viewing has been stuck on the same still screen for 3 days, that’d be cool. I’ve tried unplugging it and resetting it and it’s still stuck. All other channels are fine, which makes no sense.

34 REPLIES 34

eeny
Joining in

Got the same thing, Ironically 2 days after I switched to their most expensive and fastest Broadband at 1gb.

Amazing that they don't seem to be interested in replying, what's this forum for? 

eb154
On our wavelength

Just found out why this is happening…D7FC54EC-86DF-4F13-B757-09B9CCF39F6E.jpeg

Not a great sales pitch for IP TV. Good job Freeview is still there. Especially as it is taking 5 days to fix. 

Just to say you can watch it on iPlayer ‘watch live’ in an emergency

I initially posted this issue on Saturday and saw no other responses so thought it was just my box, so I called them up yesterday, was on the phone for 30 mins, and they pushed it up a level to the next dept.

so I’m glad I’m not alone now, yes same picture for me as well.

strange it’s taking so long to fix though ?

Fishy567
Just browsing

Same problem here.

@virginmedia why is this not mentioned on the Service Status page?  Not great optics is getting customers to switch to Stream.  Not to mention constant “Buffering” on a 150mb connection.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fishy567 wrote:

Same problem here.

@virginmedia why is this not mentioned on the Service Status page?  Not great optics is getting customers to switch to Stream.  Not to mention constant “Buffering” on a 150mb connection.

Hi @Fishy567  (and everyone else on the thread)

VM are aware of the problem.

It is now showing on the Check Service Status page.

"Issue 1

We hope to fix this by 21 March at 10:25

Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

You might find that BBCI is freezing and blanking on your Virgin Media Streaming Box at the moment. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Exactly as previous post - BBC 1HD frozen on lady in a yellow coat front of a garden shed (17mins 30s into Homes Under The Hammer, Thursday 16th March 2023, 11.15am)

Resetting and rebooting doesn't help.

All other channels fine.

Any help appreciated.

eeny
Joining in

Yes, the buffering is a bit worrying as I just convinced my Wife we should move to 1gb at £70 a month😂

eb154
On our wavelength

I’m on 350 and haven’t had any buffering issues as yet and I’m on Wi-Fi not Ethernet so not sure 1gb is needed 🤷‍♂️