cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box remote

Graff
Joining in

Hello,

had a bit of shift around in out lounge and accidentally unplugged the stream box. 
thought it was the remote playing up so removed the batteries and like the back of the case said hold TV and 0 for 5 secs to pair. 
Of course then realised the box had got unplugged. Now all plugged back in but the remote wont sync. It was working with my Tv power and source etc but not the stream box. Tried to resync several times using the above method, on and off and unplug everything and tried several times. 
tried Tv and rewind to hard reset the remote now it doesnt control the tv or stream box.
tried holding tv and 0 for 10 seconds during boot pointing at the box but no luck there.

Any other methods greatly appreciated as you cant order new remotes at the moment..

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Graff 

You should be able to order a new Stream remote using the following link.

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming/journey/order-new-remote 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Graff, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your remote control. 

Are you still unable to sync this with your equipment? If so, have you been able to follow the link provided by newapollo?

If you still require assistance with this, please do let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello 

I have gotten my stream box today I have been out and come back and my partner said it had crashed but now my remote won’t pair with my box I have taken batteries out and tried to reset it by the home button and rewind and then the tv+0 but it just flashes white then red and don’t do anything 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dani61936 

Please can you try the following method which is slightly different

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.
•    A message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @Dani61936, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Stream box. 😞
May I ask if the advice given by @newapollo has assisted?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs