cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam box doesn’t work

dorahsc
Joining in

Set up the Steam box a week ago but it didn’t work. the red light was lighting up and there was a message on screen saying it needed power (but it's plugged in). How can I fix it up? 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dorahsc 

There have been a number of Stream boxes sent out with faulty power leads.

Do you have a spare usb power lead you can try?

Some people have also found that by holding the power button whilst connecting the power usb that a menu appeared that allowed them to do a software update and then connect

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there dorahsc,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Just to clarify and get an update, has the help that @newapollo advised resolved this at all?

Let us know,

Kain

Used another USB cable, but still don’t work. 

Thanks for your reply @dorahsc, we will certainly be happy to assist with this further.

Just to check, when you are getting a message saying power is needed, do you also see any other error codes on the screen?

Let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

no other error code showed. Just show up’ the Virgin TV box needs more power to start up. Please plug it into an electrical outlet’ but everything the guide told me I did it already. How can I do? 

Hey dorahsc, thank you for letting me know this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this and get to the bottom of it.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I didn’t receive any PM from you. Can you send me into my email directly: dora_hsc@yahoo.com.hk ? 
Thank you. I still cannot use the Stream box. 
help me , please! 

Hi dorahsc,

I can see my colleague sent you a private message on the 10th January, if you can please check the plum coloured envelope in the top right hand corner 🙂

Alex_Rm