cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection with Stream Box

hjwil1995
Joining in

Our stream box has intermittent connection issues with our TV and cuts out the App we are watching (Disney, BBC, Netflix etc). 

It says it has a resolution issue, however, it has been trialled on two TVs, one being brand new and it still has the same issue. To resolve we need to move the HDMI/power cable until the picture returns. This happens frequently however and is not a long term solution. 

Other things we have tried:

• reset the broadband
  • tried different HDMI inputs on multiple TVs
  • tried different power inputs for the stream box

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hjwil1995 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the streaming issues with the Stream box. Thank you though for letting us know what it is and what you have tried.

We've done a system check and it seems the Stream box is turned off, please could you turn this on and then we'll be able to run further tests? You do need an engineer for the broadband as some of the downstream power levels are quite high so need bringing down. 

I'll send you a PM now but please do turn the Stream box on for us before answering the PM so we can run them checks before booking the tech 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

Thanks for the reply, the Stream box is powered on now. 

Thanks, 

Henry 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @hjwil1995 and confirming your details so I can book in the technician visit for the Stream box issue. The visit will be viewable shortly in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can cancel/amend if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes and do also pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill