cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC One HD frozen

omgzhobbs
On our wavelength

Hello,

Tried everything but yet the channel remains a frozen image of a boat.. unsure why..

I have tried changing channel, turning it off and on and even resetting the box and yet its still frozen.
I tried to check my account status page and it didnt say there was any issues.
I tried to check the virgin status main page for tv and it just loaded a blank screen.

Its quite tricky knowing if the issue is me or Virgin.

update: issue has fixed itself.  Must have been a network issue.  Unsure how to remove this message.

Using stream device via ethernet.

4 REPLIES 4

Lyla251
Joining in

If iPlayer is constantly stuttering or buffering (showing a frozen picture and spinning circle icon) then your Wi-Fi connection might not be good enough

Lyla251
Joining in

I also have this same question and I cannot find any proper answers on the internet and also need a solution.  Arise Login Portal

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When using the Check service status at the top of the page, you can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If you have problems opening the page then either try an incognito window or a different browser.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @omgzhobbs,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV channels at the moment.

I can see that you edited the message stating that the issue has been rectified! Glad to hear it!

If you ever come across this issue again, you can take note of the following:

Can you tell us if this is impacting more than one channel at all, or just the one? 

Are you having issues with this programme on Live TV, or through On Demand services?

You can also take a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help. If there's anything else we can do to help going forward, please let us know.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs