cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your internet speed is a complete joke

geordiemark
On our wavelength

I pay for a 350mb connection not a 20mb connection virgin media, I live in the newcastle area NE5 get it sorted out or when city fiber come down my street yous are gone, your internet gone, your telephone gone and your mobile gone ill stop the whole lot, fed up of being robbed by your american company

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
On wifi or ethernet cable connections?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

thanks for the help john but you dont work for virgin media, nice of you to ask, I want someone from them to sort this out thanks very much for trying to help but this is there problem to sort out and like hell am I ringing them up and talking to people on the other side of the bloody world who dont understand me at all also I wont be jumping through hoops for virgin media like which wifi or hard wired ect ect and looking at my modem for them to figure out whats going on they can do it from the other side of there screens without me doing there bloody job for them, 

@geordiemark , OK I do understand your position but the reality is that you are more likely to win the lottery twice in a row (even if you never buy a ticket) than getting any sensible or useful help out of VM’s customer services people, excepting the forum staff here, who really are helpful but even they are constrained with what they can go.

You might want to consult your GP about blood pressure medication - you’ll probably need it!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@geordiemark wrote:

thanks for the help john but you dont work for virgin media, nice of you to ask, I want someone from them to sort this out

Ok... good luck.  A VM person will respond in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

And the VM person will ask you EXACTLY the same questions.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Richw1982
Rising star

Try testing through Ethernet with a  speed capable device, or through WIFI with a device that's capable of the speed, using Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test .  You can also have a look 192.168.0.1 log into the settings Advanced > Wireless > wireless signal and make sure 5GHz is set to 20/40/80 and Smart WiFi is enabled.  The SSID should also be combined

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @geordiemark,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are not happy with your current speeds.

I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I can not see any known issues with your equipment. Do you have Wi-Fi Pods? It is showing that we are unable to retrieve the status of these. Have you tried doing a pinhole reset? If not can you try this? Also can you tell me the speeds you are getting on your wired connection?

I just want to add that we appreciate that you want help from the staff on here, but you need to also remember this is a 'community page' which means we have VIP's and members that are just as skilled as we are, I have seen our members actually help resolve issues on here. So please be more open to help.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide