vm1.jpgvm2.jpgvm3.jpgvm4.jpgvm5.jpgvm6.jpg

0 Kudos
goslow
Up to speed
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless speed full 200mbps Ethernet unable to go past 110

stally

Takes a while for images to be approved so can't see those posted as yet .....

You mention in #3 above that you had this issue with the SH2 as well. That kind of suggests possibly more something to do with the ethernet/LAN side of things than a VM problem.

As per -tony-'s suggestion at #8 above, what do the link light colours on the network connections for the PCs and the back of the SH3 show the negotiated speed is when you are only getting 100 Mb/s? And also similarly following same suggestion, do you want to post your SH3 stat's and logs if only to eliminate them from the process?

Are the two PCs the same make/model/device?

Are you able to test with a different device (gigabit laptop connection maybe from friend/family/neighbour)?

Where are you getting the latest drivers from for the ethernet connections? For a particular make/model of device, I can think of lots of occasions when I have had to use a very specific driver i.e. only one single driver variant would work at the right speed, sometimes an older driver version for a particular device.

I have also found that with some individual devices on Win 10 that they might only work with either a) very specific drivers direct from the manufacturer or b) only work with the latest MS drivers from the Windows Catalog for Win 10.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Some recent reasons for low speed connections....

Dell speed problem

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Download-speeds/td-p/3894056

Chrome speed problem

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Etherent-speed-slow/m-p/3912102#M202773

Turbo LAN App problem

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-speed/td-p/3896582

Windows re-install

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Achieve-Full-Speed-In-Safe-Mode-Only/td-p/3...

Old Network Card driver

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Vivid-350-just-installed-but-relatively-low-speed-connect...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stally
Tuning in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yea i dont think its a router problem since we replaced it 

lights on the back of the hub are green the pc is orange and green

both pc's are totally different in every way 

unfortunately i have no access to another laptop hence the vm engineer going to come round with his 

drivers i started with Microsoft auto downloading then changed to latest direct from intel i will go and try different versions of drivers.

thanks

0 Kudos
stally
Tuning in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

dell speed: no such program plus did a safe mode to eliminate programs interfering

chrome speed: in safe mode used a clean install of opera

turbo lan: is another program problem safe mode eliminated that problem

windows re install : i mean nobody wants to do that seems unlikely due to 2 pc's having same problem.

old network card driver: in the process of trying different drivers but unlikely the problem as again 2 pc's

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
goslow
Up to speed
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I believe a green link light on the SH3 is gigabit link speed? Anyone else, is that right?

What sort of age are the PCs and what operating system(s) are you running?

The auto-download for Windows doesn't always get the truly latest MS driver. Worth double-checking with the MS catalog.

However, with an Intel device I would start with Intel website direct for the latest driver.

With an Intel device make sure you get the driver only and don't get any of the ProSet(?) management garbage from Intel installed along with it (I think you can often pick driver-only as an option during the setup or alternatively unzip the installation package and use device manager to install the driver only 'inf ' files). ProSet has often been a nightmare in the past for me for screwing up network connections.

(You can see if the ProSet software was installed in your earlier attempts by looking in 'Programs and Features' in 'Control Panel').

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

going to ignore al the reasons above - with respect i think they are not relevant - key is 200 via wifi - slow lan connection - just to put my bit in all levels are good - thats was obvious really as the wifi speed confirms that 

so what are you testing via wifi - agood phone or tablet or the pc via wifi - thats important in my mind as is the fact you can get 200 via wifi

there is nothing wrong with the input so a couple of suggestions

check settings on pc for lan card - it may be gigabit but devices could have it configured as 10/100

try a different lan cable be sure its cat5e or better - you say the one you are using is from VM - there are posts on here that say VM are still issuing cat5 cables with some gear

if a new lan cable does not cure the problem then do a full reset on the hub3 - a good 30sec of the reset button and try wired speeds again

Tony
0 Kudos
stally
Tuning in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

All points to the lan card so im going to try several drivers as it seems to be the only logical problem here thanks for everyone's help in the situation i will post a reply if i find the problem or not.

0 Kudos
goslow
Up to speed
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

As someone mentioned at the start, there have been lots of similar threads to this one. Would be interested to hear the outcome, successful or not.

Hope you can get it sorted.

0 Kudos
stally
Tuning in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just a quick update, So after tirelessly going thru various drivers from Intel site and the motherboard site I'm still at the same situation anymore ideas are welcome. 

0 Kudos