cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi fi speeds

Danguitar
Tuning in

my wi fi speeds have slowed down since VM upgraded my package. I was getting 550mbps but since upgrade to 650 I now only get about 200 max. they have given me a wi fi pod which I have unplugged now. They also added a tv point. could that be slowing me down? 

The hub 3  is showing it gets 645 mbps but the wi fi speed is nowhere near that but it used to be! 

6 REPLIES 6

g0akc
Problem sorter
  • Did you move the hub slightly or make other changes?
  • Have you tried using 5GHz?
  • have you tried using a WiFi analyser app - neighbours on same channels?
  • try changing channels 
  • how far from the hub?
  • signal strength in dBm?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danguitar 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the service issues you are having.

Is there a reason you unplugged the WiFi Pod? As this would likely improve the WiFi in the home.

Are you using any third party equipment?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The pod is plugged back in and has improved signal to the upstairs room. 
No 3rd party equipment. 
Wi fi is working fine it just seems strange the speed has halved since the upgrade. The hub is showing speed of 636 but my speed checker says wi fi is only about 230 it used to be about 550.    Not sure if it’s really a problem but does seem odd. 

Thank you for popping back to us @Danguitar and we are so sorry that you have seen a decrease on the speed. 

I have checked and there does not appear to be anything on our side that could be causing this issue. 

Can I ask if you have any drops in connection at all or is this just speed? 

No drop outs. It’s just the wi fi speed is slower. It’s obviously pretty fast but much slower than it was before. 

Thank you for letting us know @Danguitar 

In this case, please try the following link to see if this helps with the speeds https://virg.in/wifisos
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs