Menu
givenup1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wi fi poor

Hi, am experiencing a problem with WIFI network in my house router hub3, the WIFI is on and off all the time and the maximum is available is less than 5 minutes. I have texted the device in other area with the same virgin network and the device work perfect with only 2bars there is connection and far from the router.but in my house just next to router sometimes there is no connections,  I have texted the speed and some times is very low,I have also called the virgin media and they have said there is no problem but am 100% we have problem. the device lost net work and even if there is 2 bar signal the device will not connect I have to keep on switching on Wi-Fi on and off on the device, I have tried all methods but no improvement at all .  it's really frustrating since we have been using virgin media for 3 years now but they are not solving the problem. I don't understand why other places the device work perfect but same network in my house is terrible network. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wi fi poor

Hi givenup1,

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the WiFi.

Just to confirm is this affecting all devices that are connected wirelessly?

Is there a time when things are worse than normal?

Thanks

Ben_N

givenup1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes it's all devices but the most affected is phones upstairs room the net work signal mostly is only one bar and it doesn't connect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi givenup1,

Thank you for getting back to us and clarifying these points. I'm afraid I haven't been able to check your services at our end for now. Could you confirm which hub you have and what the lights on the front are doing? Does this change when you lose connection?

Have you had a look at our WiFi Wins to ensure you're getting the best from your connection?

Would you also be able to run a check on speedtest.net via an ethernet cable so we can see what speeds are coming into the property? This will help us to narrow down the nature of the issue and then work towards a resolution.

Have you downloaded our Virgin Media Connect app to test and optimise the connection within your home?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
givenup1
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hub3 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you considered turning off the Hub wifi and getting your equipment to connect to the Hub to provide your house with better total wifi coverage? There are several ways to do that with multiple threads on here about which work well.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
givenup1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes anything connected on wireless and as you have said sometimes there is no network but if we switch off the router the network signal pick to maximum bars but only for few minutes then down after 20 minutes down stairs room but upstairs every 5 minutes the network is down not possible to connect on phone unless you switch net work on phone on and off but on lap top it's reconnecting automatically 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi givenup1,

Have you been able to run a speedtest via a wired connection to see if we can diagnose the issue further?

As also previously advised, have you since downloaded the Virgin Media connect app to run diagnostics?

Could you also confirm if this issue has been from day of installation or if this is a new issue that has recently arisen on the network?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
givenup1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes it's a new problem for the last 2.5 months, please can you sent to me a link for  app to diagnosis the problem. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response givenup1

The applications for Virgin Media Connect and My Virgin Media will both enable you to run tests on your equipment and can be found via Google Play on Android or the Play Store on IOS devices.

Alternatively I can look into this for you to see if I can resolve this issue for you,

Look out for a PM via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen,

David_Bn

0 Kudos