Menu
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 31 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

I just spoke to retentions team too, They charged me £50 for a modem but gave me a £50 credit.

Here's the laughable part tho, If you download the Virgin Media Connect app, try to log into your hub3 (That you don't have), then it offers you a "Free" upgrade to a new one for only £5 delivery, or free if you collect from one of their stores!.

It does look like a 12 month contract is attached to that tho, and perhaps not everyone will get the same offer it was offering me.

Never seen the 70 meg package, but seeing how there's a 50 meg package back on the site again then I can guess they know they are missing users who want a basic service.

Again tho, retentions didn't offer me a great deal today (I took it, £50 for 200 meg was crazy) so it might be that everyone is getting bad deals at the moment.  I asked how long I needed to be "gone" to be a new customer, and they suggested it would be two months, so that could be an option too.

As for your original question.  Log into your SuperHub and see what the speed is actually set to, It wouldn't surprise me if it's actually set to 50 and that there is no 70 meg config.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 32 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

Re leaving and rejoining. It used to be ~two months before you could rejoin but 12 or 18 months before you became eligible for any "New Customer" deals. Check what that is now before deciding what to do.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 33 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@VMCopperUser wrote:

As for your original question.  Log into your SuperHub and see what the speed is actually set to, It wouldn't surprise me if it's actually set to 50 and that there is no 70 meg config.

Their is a 70Mb config because I'm on it! But you can't buy it as it was part of a free upgrade for anyone on 50Mb package.