Menu
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 21 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

Hi,

Oh I never thought of that. I will give them a call and see if that is any better.

Many thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Notatech
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

It says this on my account page

Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online.

Just done a Speedtest.net and I am getting 38.6

0 Kudos
Notatech
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well it does only say "up to"

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 24 of 33
Flag for a moderator

oh dear that is really low.. even though it states "up to" I still think it should be as close to the mark as it can be !

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 25 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@ITMAZ wrote:

oh dear that is really low.. even though it states "up to" I still think it should be as close to the mark as it can be !

OK - switch the Hub off, call the CS and your automated test will not detect it and they will put you through.  Tell them your old superhub has just died and it wont power on.  Insist on getting a technician to visit to fix it, when they arrive they wont waste a nanosecond trying to sort it - they will just install and set up a new Hub3.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi ITMAZ

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about this.

I can see that you have been in touch with the teams over the last couple of days and they're sending an updated hub to you and you have also looked at the options regarding your speed too 😄 This is great!

Keep us posted on how the new options go for you.

Take care,

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 27 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaz,

Yes I expect it to arrive today. But, I am not happy at all about being charged £30 for it ! I would have thought they would have been more accommodating given my situation and I am still researching and contemplating changing to another company.

I said to the helpline person I was not wanting another contract ! but I have an email congratulating me on my new contract !! which I will not be signing!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 28 of 33
Flag for a moderator

you do not need to sign it. By using the services you are acccepting the contract.

you'll need to cancel and revert back in the 14 days cooling off period

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 29 of 33
Flag for a moderator

thank you. I wil cancel it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi ITMAZ, 

Thank you for letting us know. 

Have you spoken to the team in regards to the cancellation since your last post to us? If so, what was advised please?

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos