Menu
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 11 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

From Retentions?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 12 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

On phoning, I chose the option: if you are thinking of leaving us press ... !  I didn't hear any other option that I could choose from.

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 13 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It's a real shame as I have been with cable since it was first introduced in 1993

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 14 of 33
Flag for a moderator

That's the right option. I'm surprised that Retentions wasn't more accommodating.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 15 of 33
Flag for a moderator

yes given my loyalty to cable and VM I would have thought that they would be more accommdating but it seems not to be the case.

thanks for your support though, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 16 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It's not like they make money from selling the service at a loss.

I guess you are out of helpful answers - or have a boner for Roger - either way glad you got it sorted
0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 17 of 33
Flag for a moderator

hi

thanks for all the help.  No I agree, they definately won't make money selling at a loss. I just thought that they might have been a bit more accommodating regarding the router issue.

thanks again

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 33
Flag for a moderator

If you wait on here for a VM staff person to pick this up in about a week - they will possibly just arrange the free upgrade for you.  Keep checking back but dont bump the thread as it moves it back down their list !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 19 of 33
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the tip!  will keep a look out for a vm person

0 Kudos
Notatech
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It's not unusual to get slower speeds that you are paying for. I am on 200meg but 90% of the time I only get 80meg. My hub has been upgraded and replaced twice FoC and all cable has been renewed. I would suggest you call tech support and report a fault and insist that an engineer call out. The engineer will almost certainly order a new hub for you FoC and replace old cable as they don't like repeat call outs. After numerous conversations with tech desk on the phone, running around the house testing things switching boxes off and on and wasting hours, I have learnt my lesson, just insist on an engineer call out. You won't get the speed you are paying for as their equipment is cheap rubbish but you should get a better speed than now.

0 Kudos