Menu
Highlighted
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

thanks

Marion

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

It's 70mbps down - I believe it's the old 50mbps product pushed up.. and i would say 70 as VM tend to sync you a bit higher.. Is this wireless or wired? If wireless 2.4 or 5ghz?

All matter
0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is superfibre 70 how much speed should I be getting as it's showing 49.6 on a speed check!

Its wireless but I don't know what if it's 2.4  or 5ghz. Where do I look for this?

thanks for getting back to me 🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

You "select" which network you want your device to connect to in the normal way from its "Network" connections or settings menu - as you would when you go into a new cafe/pub/hotel/etc and want to connect there.  Your problem might be seeing the 2 separate one coming out from your Hub at home.   What model of VM Hub do you have - it's printed on the sticker on the base/side/in the drawer ?   

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SuperFibre 70 is an old package. I suggest you call Retentions and you may get VIVID 100 for less than you're paying now.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks will give it a go. I wondered as when I looked on the site there is no mention of superfibre 70 and when I finally got round to checking the speed as I couldn't stream without it buffering so much I couldn't watch anything not even iplayer I needed to look into it further. I will give them a call as I also feel I am paying way over the odds for what I am getting for sure.

will post back to give an update on any progress

many thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

it says on the hub it is a VM superhub VMDG480 !!

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's the original and unloved Hub, it cannot broadcast the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands simultaneously. You can probably wangle a free upgrade to the Hub 3.0.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks very much. I will give them a phone today and post back an update 🙂

0 Kudos
ITMAZ
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No free upgrade they are charging me £30 for the new router 😞

0 Kudos