cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volt upgrade customer service problem

kapowuk
Joining in

I signed up for an o2 pay monthly SIM on 16th December, all good there, and received my volt benefit of double data within a week or ten days or so.

After not getting the speed increase on the VM end, a week ago I spoke to an agent on live chat and spent almost an hour going around circles where they kept trying to tell me that I would need to change package to get a speed increase. I supplied all the T&C's as per the virgin website and couldn't get anywhere. I asked the agent to raise a complaint for me in the hope of getting somewhere as they wouldn't transfer me to someone else.

As of today, I still have no speed increase. In addition to this my complaint status was changed to "Closed" within a few days with absolutely no correspondence, and if I try to view the complaint in My Account it now says "We've not got any on-going issues connected with your account, so there's nothing to see here."

Can someone from the forum team please reach out to me to try and get this sorted.

(the details are the same on both accounts, i've rebooted my router and I'm still getting the same config of my current package M500)

4 REPLIES 4

kapowuk
Joining in
Well, I don't know if this post helped but I've just received an email saying I'm eligible and a new hub is being sent out.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kapowuk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you had some hassle getting your VM Volt speed boost applied. Usually once the O2 data boost is done, your VM benefits are applied within 14 days. 

Whilst we would love to take credit for things being resolved, we've only just reached your thread so it's likely been done off the back of the complaint. 

Please keep us posted if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cjeffries
Tuning in

I’ve had the same issues. Can I suggest checking what the max speed available in your area is as after 5 days of back and forth messaging with Virgin, the advisor informed me that I could not be put onto the next speed bracket as part of the volts upgrade due to the fact that the max capability on my postcode was the M350 package. Confusing as the next street to mine allows 1GB speeds

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have replied in your own thread

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.