cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vm been twice to install new outside cable say they need traffic lights Internet keeps dropping out need

doctor237
Joining in

waiting six months for new cable to my house use internet for my buisness (teams etc ) vm been twice to install but need traffic lights they say it is now a priority but i wont hold my breath i pay for 1 gig everything has been tested but needs bigger cable to my house as ut has been in since NTLdays hope vm see this post 

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you clarify... are you already a VM Residential package customer but looking to transfer to VM Business?

If so the there will be little that can be done on here as its not for Business customers (different organisation).

Traffic lights ? Is that to do the "digging" work?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No it is because the pit is in the middle of the road a new cable was meant to be pulled in at night fri 11th november lads turned up at 9am i told them it was to be pulled in at night one of the operitves rang his manager and he said yes i know about that the operative just said there is nothing i can do be its annoying as they knew it needed pulling in at night as they coudnt do it the first time they came in fabuary  i somtimes work from home using teams etc and its very embarrising when it just crashes even if i use a wired  connection 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - but as it seems that it the Business Company's responsibility - there will be little we can do on here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

i just vm see this as after endless phone calls getting of nowhere 

A forum team member should be along to assist.

It is very odd that there is a pit "in the middle of the road" as ducts are installed under pavements.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

There are various pits but one of them require traffic lights to access as it is on the edge of a main road  two engineers have surveyed the job 

i am going more orless the same thing Vm been twice now to install new cable due  to the old one not big enough going on for six months 

Guess what VM have just turned up and the same story cant do this mate needs traffic lights absolute joke 

New cable booked to be pulled this will be  the third  visit so not holding my breath even though they know they need traffic lights beacause of where the pits are so it will be probably be the same story turn up sorry pal cant do this we need traffic lights recived text saying they are coming agian tomorrow but not expecting aresult paying fo 1gig but only get between 170 and on a good day 220mbps shocking service the cable thats in is from ntl days so well over 25yrs old work from home use it for teams etc very  embarrassing when it crashes all the time