Menu
swailsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

vivid 350

Just upgraded to vivid 350 last week from 200mb gamer and my speeds have gone down there around 150mb now. Phoned up lots of times and no one knows what there doing any suggestions please.

0 Kudos
normanLinux
Tuning in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: vivid 350

Sorry to hear that.  I upgraded from 200 to 300 and have ended up with VIVID 350 and a new hub 3 - which doesn't seem to like the wifi on my laptop ;-(

Bought a Gigabit switch and connected with cat 5e

speedTest20170822_140539.png

0 Kudos
mildenhall
Rising star
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I upgraded from VIVID200 to VIVID300 and my speed went down too.

My upsteam power levels were too high. 

Telephone call #1 : I'll change some settings on your hub. I ended up with a Shub3 in modem mode that broadcast WiFi??
Telephone call #2 : I'll change some more setttings and then booked the 1st engineer.

Engineer Visit #1 : Replace hub and fiddle in cabinet.
Engineer Visit #2 : Internal cable kinked when house was extended. He gave us a new shorter cable which I fitted.
Engiineer Visit #3 : Fitted a 10dB attenuator.

Everything seems fine now - the dury is out.

TIP :  Keep phoning and ask them what they will do next. Also discuss how you apply for a quality of service discount.

0 Kudos
swailsy
Joining in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Phoned them again today as i did another test and only got 60mb. Went through all the same processes again i.e turn off WiFi put computer in safe mode connected with Ethernet. With nothing on the network apart from this 1 laptop he did get the speeds up to 377mb but now everything has been returned to normal the speeds have dropped again to around 200mb for the moment and the ping has gone back up to 23ms. He did say when i was on the phone all my devices that were connected to the 5ghz were saying speed 100mb which i do remember seeing myself when I've looked before. So I've just had a look now and i don't know if hes done anything or what hes done but all devices are showing 600mb in the device list and all Ethernet connected devices 1000mb

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

swailsy it may be worth changing your WiFi network names to be different between the 2.4 and 5ghz channels to make sure you are indeed connecting over 5ghz, as devices are very poor at choosing which to connect too if the both signals transmit over the same name, it may be why you have seen some devices showing slower speeds, unless of course you already have a different WiFi names for each?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
swailsy
Joining in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes that was the first thing i did when i got the superhub 3 a few months ago so i knew which one each device was connected to.

0 Kudos
mildenhall
Rising star
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@swailsy wrote:

Hi yes that was the first thing i did when i got the superhub 3 a few months ago so i knew which one each device was connected to.

If you changed the WiFi SSIDs then did you also set the channel numbers to something other than "Auto"? Your neighbours may be using the same or an adjacent channels and slowing your WiFi down. Search on google, play store, apple store etc for "Free WiFi analyser". One of those programs will scan all the WiFi channels and draw a graph to show you your WiFi channels and any other than the device picks up. Make sure your WiFi channels don't overlap any others within range. Just a guess. No guarantee of it working.

0 Kudos
normanLinux
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, Seems that my screenshot picture isn't showing :-(

Anyway, I got 382.07 Download and 20.96 upload according to Ookla Speedtest
0 Kudos
swailsy
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I did that when I got the 200mb gamer but not since upgrading so I will have another look. Well since contacting support yesterday I'm getting around 200mb download 21 up and the ping is staying at 23ms. So I may have to phone up and go back down to there 200mb package as there's no point paying for the vivid 350 if I can't get anywhere near it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@normanLinux wrote:
Hmm, Seems that my screenshot picture isn't showing :-(

Anyway, I got 382.07 Download and 20.96 upload according to Ookla Speedtest

I suspect you forgot to redact your IP address so I've taken the liberty of editing your original image? 

Screenshot 2017-08-24 16.55.46 reduced.png

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)