Menu
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: vivid 350 used to be fast 370mb + now its below 100mbs

Well the only person that sorted my engineer visit out was on here Tom_S as I am now done speaking to the so called Tech Experts on the repairs line who constantly continued to blame my PC along with the V6 box and other connected devices for my dramatic drop in speed from 385 to 9.5 I'm also not a new customer to VM I have been with them back in the old Telewest days, oh and by the way I have had flashing green on my Hub that lasted for over 5 hours at 1:00AM in the morning 2 weeks ago and after that event thats when my speed dropped, so yes there is a network fault as more and more people from across the coutry are reporting it, if it wasn't for Tom_S I wouldn'r be getting an engineer visit as every time I spoke to VM on the phone they kept saying "NO! We are not sending one, as there is no fault!!!!!" There were only a few people that replied to my post and the only one that got the ball rolling was as I say Tom_S and also maybe the email I sent to Tom Mockridge but there we go.  🙂

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh also BTW thanks for your input it is appreciated, the way things have been going I've felt like tearing my hair out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madmonkee,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any broadband issues you've recently experienced.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and the network and have been unable to identify anything which may account for drops in speed. As SCA1972 has indicated, all the levels that you've posted would suggest that things are running as expected and we have similar results at our end.

Have you run a speedtest using just your VM hub, rather than via the Asus? This was a great suggestion and would indeed help us to narrow down the problem.

Thanks,

Rachael

Madmonkee
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ummm slightly embarrassed... yep it was the ASUS router.  Problem is now resolved, so in this occasion it was indeed "your equipment" 😄

many thanks to all

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted, Madmonkee 🙂 I'm glad you're back up and running! Clichés can be irritating, but there's a very good reason we start by asking the simple things and ruling out issues by process of elimination.

Please do give us a shout if you have any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Madmonkee
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Indeedy, now back up and running on the asus at the same speed.. all very Odd.  I havent changed anything :S

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Odd indeed, but the important thing is your back to normal speeds.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos