cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tools cannot spot that a 0.37 MBs upload speed is a fault

stew1
Joining in

My upload speed is 0.34 MBs ,I am paying for 20 Mbs. Yet virgin tools for their helpdesk do not flag this as an issue so I cannot raise this as a fault to be rectified. This is not just me, this is the whole of our street (we have a street whatsapp for Virgin issues) . How can I get Virgin to realise we have a fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

apj_uk
Dialled in

The moderators and support teams are deliberately ignoring mostly all posts relating to the upload issue (just look at all such posts in this 'Speed' forum) because Virgin know they have borked a recent firmware upgrade rollout in readiness for the launch of the new DOCSIS 3.1 upload speed boost. I just wish they would come out and tell us the truth rather than ignoring us and our basic pleas for help and support.

All this is made worse with the eye watering imminent price rises and the stress this is causing for many who are trying to work at home but who cannot do a simple tasks such as sending an email because our upload speeds are crippled to 0.5 - 1 Mb.

You only need to look at Virgin Media's Trustpilot reviews to see they have a major problem with customer support: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
see if it does that in modem mode with a PC
---------------------------------------------------------------

upload speed

Thank you for your reply. I haven't tried your suggestion, as this is a street wide issue, and I find it incomprehensible that virign cannot see this as a fault .  We have a street whats app chat for virgin because their reliability is appalling.  Any idea how I get virgin to agree this upload speed is unacceptable ?

Somehow an ip address had sneeked itself into my photo so it thankfully was rejected.

I have tried to upload anoother one but my upload speed is so slow I can't . Upload speed is 0.04 Mbs.

So again my question , any idea how I get virgin to agree this upload speed is unacceptable ?

I suspect VM can see this issue.

There are an increasing number of near identical posts on the matter covering various parts of the country.

If you look at the 3.0 Upstream stats does the Modulation rate show QAM 64 i.e. normal speed,  or is it degraded to QAM 32 or even worse QAM 16 ?

all looks fine to me . All 5 channels have same modulation , ksps rate and about same power level.

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

13009997646512064 qam4

apj_uk
Dialled in

The moderators and support teams are deliberately ignoring mostly all posts relating to the upload issue (just look at all such posts in this 'Speed' forum) because Virgin know they have borked a recent firmware upgrade rollout in readiness for the launch of the new DOCSIS 3.1 upload speed boost. I just wish they would come out and tell us the truth rather than ignoring us and our basic pleas for help and support.

All this is made worse with the eye watering imminent price rises and the stress this is causing for many who are trying to work at home but who cannot do a simple tasks such as sending an email because our upload speeds are crippled to 0.5 - 1 Mb.

You only need to look at Virgin Media's Trustpilot reviews to see they have a major problem with customer support: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com 

Hello stew,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for 
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.
Sadly it is showing you do have an issue with the upload signal, So I will need to send you a private message to gain account access and run further tests.

Then this can be raised with our Networks if the whole street are having similar issues.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

The upload issue we were seeing now seems to have been resolved.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update stew1,

I'm glad the upload issue has been resolved, do keep us posted however if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Kain