Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

upgrade

I upgraded my broadband speed from 200 MB to 350MB but I cannot see often 350MB speed. 

Very often I get only between 200 and 300 MB only .

Especially after 7 pm I get often only 150 -200 MB speed only.

I never had speed problem when I had 200 MB package. 

I measured the speed on wired connection .

Laszlo Szucs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgrade

From what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I measured the internet speed from my router to my computer.

The Virgin Hub 3 is in modem mode

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked in the settings - Hub's config file - that the upgrade has actually been sent to your Hub?

Also as you are already in modem mode, can you boot up your (Windows?) device into "safe mode with networking" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds - lots do!). Also run your speedtests at speedtest.net (do them on x2 close VM servers) try using 2 different browsers - preferably with one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc) - there are several reports on here of certain browsers causing speed issues.

See if they are still low then (at a quiet time).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos